- Complex Commercial Real Estate and Business Transactions
- Real Property Acquisitions and Dispositions, with Emphasis on Large Multi-Family Transactions
- Entity Formation and Governance Documents
- Real Estate Acquisition and Refinancing Loans, including Borrower’s Counsel Opinion Letters
- Negotiation and Drafting of Commercial and Retail Leases
- Loan Modifications and Restructurings
- Private Placement Syndications (sold to accredited investors only)
- Mediation of Partnership Disputes
Ted Hinderaker practiced in the labor department at Gray, Cary, Ames & Frye in San Diego, California from 1981-83 and the litigation practice group at Streich, Lang, Weeks & Cardon in Phoenix, Arizona from 1983-85. Mr. Hinderaker acted as general counsel for a real estate development company from 1985-1988, has been a sole practitioner, and is a founding member of Hinderaker Rauh & Weisman, PLC.
Mr. Hinderaker has extensive experience in the representation of local, regional, and national real estate developers and investors in all phases of the investment and development process. He represents primarily borrowers in connection with large lending transactions and advises small and medium sized businesses in connection with general corporate transactions and legal issues.
Ted is also active in the Tucson community and a supporter of the University of Arizona, having served on the Board of Directors for the National Alumni Association, as Chairman of the Board of Trustees for the University of Arizona Foundation, and as President of the Tucson Children’s Museum.
Mr. Hinderaker’s practice experience includes:
- Handling all legal aspects of the acquisition and sale of multi-family, commercial, and retail properties with aggregate values of several billion dollars.
- Representation of Southern Arizona’s largest private apartment owner (with over 10,000 apartment units), including handling all legal aspects of two portfolio apartment acquisitions, each in excess of $50M,and the acquisition or sale of approximately 7,000 apartment units.
- The purchase of multiple notes (including $7M, $8M and $8.5M notes since 2009) from financial institutions and the subsequent foreclosure of the deed of trust securing the notes.
- Closing of $209M loan for acquisition of hotel portfolio.
- Handling all legal aspects of a $33M hotel acquisition.
- Handling all legal aspects of the sale of over 5,000 acres of undeveloped real property.
- Multiple presentations before the Tucson City Council, Pima County Board of Supervisors and Rio Nuevo Multipurpose Facilities District involving land use issues and development agreements.
- Negotiated modification and restructuring of $8M Note
- Lead attorney in the construction and development of largest multi-family apartment complex in downtown Tucson.
- Handling all legal aspects of acquisition of two major resorts in Pima County, Arizona.
- Representing borrowers in all legal aspects of multiple acquisition and refinancing loans for multifamily, hotel, and commercial properties totaling in excess of $1B of new financings.
- BA with high distinction, University of Arizona 1978
- JD with honors, University of Arizona 1981
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Real Estate Specialist Certified by Arizona State Bar
- List of Top Business Attorneys in Tucson, Tucson Lifestyle Magazine 2019 Edition
- U.S. News and World Report. Best Lawyers
- Martindale Hubbell- AV Preeminent since 2000.